ASC TRAINING CENTER
Devo 1 and CISCO
Follow The Alpine Program
Come join the ASC family with the Alpine Ski Team!
Young skiers begin their lifelong journey as snow sport athletes at ASC. That journey begins with our Development Programs. Athletes learn the values of teamwork, discipline, physical fitness, and respect for the mountain environment. The Alpine Development Program focuses on performance techniques through directed free-skiing and drill courses, building skills under the guidance of ASC’s qualified coaches. Alpine development skiers expect to experience inter-club competition throughout the season.
- Alpine Training System (LTAD)
- ASC Alpine Program Structure
- Ski Team Calendar
- All Mountain Development/Fundamentals
- 6-13 years old (U8-U14)
- 1-Day Saturdays (10:00 AM-2:00 PM)
- January – March
- USSS License optional
- FIS helmets optional (but required for racing)
- Race skis not required
- Boreal Pass (required): $185 (5-12 years), $245 (13-17 years) with exclusive ASC discount
- Intermediate skiing level: (must be able to load the chairlift without assistance, and put on their own equipment). This is not a “learn to ski” program. For this, please contact Boreal Mountain Ski School.
- Ski & Snowboard equipment leasing
- Parents will be required to volunteer two days per month during the season. More information in the Parent Handbook at the start of the season.
Our Development teams are broken into two parts:
Cisco and Devo 1
Both programs are organized to teach fundamental skiing skills and to introduce competitive ski racing to young athletes. Emphasis is placed on the technical fundamentals of skiing that apply to all types of alpine skiing. This is accomplished through free skiing throughout the Resort on Saturdays. We focus on fundamental skills including balance, edging, and body position.
The Cisco team is for athletes newer to the sport and ages 6-9 (U8-U10) and runs 3 Saturdays/Month from December – March.
Price: $600 (3 Saturdays/Month TBD) January 6th – March 30th.
The Devo 1 team is for ages *8-13 (U10 – U14) athletes and runs every Saturday from December to March. (*Depends on D.O.B.)
Price: $800.00 (4 Saturdays/Month) January 6th – March 30.
For training purposes, athletes will be arranged in groups assigned to a coach to facilitate a productive learning environment. Group assignments are generally based on skill, speed, and social needs. Participants must be able to put on their own ski equipment, load and ride the lift alone, and ski at an intermediate level. SEE VIDEOS FOR EXAMPLES: