As a U.S. Ski and Snowboard Podium Certified Club, we have proudly adopted the SafeSport guidelines and mission to make athlete well-being the centerpiece of our sports culture. All athletes deserve to participate in sports free from bullying, hazing, sexual misconduct or any form of emotional or physical abuse.
In addition to background screens for employees and volunteers, we are implementing the standards of SafeSport training and education as mandatory requirements for working with our athletes. These standards include:
- Criminal background screening for all employees, coaches, member athletes, and volunteers who are in regular contact with athletes or in positions of authority over athletes.
- Consistent education on prevention of sexual abuse, bullying, and hazing, and clear reporting structures in place to enable anyone who is concerned about any of these areas to be able to come forward and report.
- The development and implementation of policies to limit, as much as possible, one-on-one interactions with athletes at any time.
- Implementation and enforcement of policies and preparation for and quick response to random audits for compliance by the US Center for SafeSport.
- Background screening and SafeSport training: required of all employees, coaches, member athletes and volunteers who are in regular contact with athletes, or in positions of authority over athletes every two seasons.
- Fast Start Coaching Course: Now required for Level 100 certification.