ATHLETIC PROGRAM REFUND/CREDIT POLICY
ASC Training Center programs, team sessions, and camps operate on a non-profit basis. A key mission and goal is to provide affordable and high-quality athletic programs. In order to balance the need to fund our programs, keep costs affordable for all, and meet the special circumstances of our athletes and families, we have established the following guidelines for refunds and/or credits:
- Tuition fees for ASC Training Center athletic programs, teams, travel, and training camps are generally not refundable or transferable. XC season passes issued to recreational trail users are not covered by this policy.
- Refunds or credits will be considered if the following conditions are met:
- Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to the Program Director.
- If a request for a refund is submitted prior to the start of the program, tuition will be refunded or credited to a future season.
- In the event of a season-ending injury that occurs after the season has begun, but prior to February 1st, 50% of session dues can be refunded or credited. Confirmation from a doctor may be required.
- Ski area season passes (Boreal, Squaw/Alpine, etc.) cannot be refunded by ASCTC. Passholders must contact the ski area directly.
- Requests for hardship refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Refund
s or credit will not be granted for lack of interest and/or non-participation or weather related cancellations.
If a refund is approved, it is preferable to issue a credit rather than a monetary refund. If an athlete has an outstanding balance owed to the program, the refund/credit will be applied to that balance first.
In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, ASCTC has developed the following special refund/credit policies during the pandemic:
- If winter programs begin as planned but operations are interrupted by short-term shutdowns due to COVID-19, no refunds or credits will be given.
- If the start of winter programs is delayed past January 15th or cancelled due to COVID-19, full program tuition will be refunded or credited.
- Boreal Mountain and Squaw/Alpine season passes are subject to the ski areas’ individual COVID-19 policies.
- At the end of the season, if the total mandated short-term shutdowns and shelter-in-place orders account for more than a 50% loss of scheduled training sessions, refunds and/or credits towards a future season will be determined.
COVID-19 is a dynamic situation with many unknowns for the coming season. ASCTC is committed to supporting winter sports programs in the best and safest way possible for all athletes and staff. As we ski and snowboard through this, we appreciate everyone’s understanding for the inevitable changes to come.